Music promotion is the process of raising awareness about your music. A lot of people can make good music, but the ones who excel in the music industry are the ones who know how to properly market their music. If you don’t market your music, no one will know it or you even exist! It’s extremely important to know how to properly promote yourself and your music.
There are a number of ways in which you can market your music. Many marketing efforts including interviews, social media views, live performing gigs, getting on TV, and letting people on various social networking platforms know what you are all about and also interacting as your brand.
Online Music Marketing
Online music marketing is the most commonly used. Although using social media as main platforms for promotion is good, you also want to reach these places:
- Big websites
- Online radio shows
- TV networks
- Music forums
- Youtube Channels
- Facebook and Twitter pages
Why? Because these places will allow you to reach a much wider audience.
You also have to make sure that these platforms are catered to your genre of music. If not, you won’t be targeting your desired audience.
Important Factors for Music Marketing
In order for your music marketing to be effective, you need a few things:
- Strong brand: creating random music is not enough. You need to build your own brand. Who are you? What do you want to represent? What is your message? Why is your music worth listening to? You can easily create that branding through your social media platforms by being consistent. It is also important to have a catchy artist name which you can turn into a logo.
- Target audience: Next, you need to determine who are your fans. What type of people like your music in terms of demographics, psychographics, and more? And most importantly, how can you reach them?
- Engagement: Engage with your audience! Make them feel valued and build trust to have a loyal fan base. Don’t expect them to come to you. Find them and interact with them.
- Keep making good music: Don’t think that by launching one single you are going to be the next top pop music artist. You will need to continue producing music in order to build your brand and your credibility. Have a strong music portfolio. This will help you to get on radio stations and TV networks, and even increase your chances to sign with a big music label.
- Be professional and committed: If you want people to take you seriously, you will need to show some professionalism. No one wants to work or deal with unreliable people. Music marketing is your opportunity to show your commitment to your music career. Take yourself seriously. Believe in yourself. And people will do too.
- Be active: Posting your music video on Youtube and sharing it on social media is not enough. Get up and go meet people! Try to perform at events, get on a show, sing on the street if need be! Maximize your exposure and connect with people.
- Be unique! The music industry is extremely competitive. You need to find a reason for people to listen to YOUR music. What makes you different? Tell a story, and promote it. Share something with your audience that they haven’t heard yet. Promote yourself as different and intriguing. Use music marketing in your advantage to define your music.
- Be patient. Music marketing is challenging because of the high competition in this industry. Don’t give up. If you put in the effort and are truly passionate about your music, you will achieve your goals.
Please feel free to promote your music here.