Reasons for leasing a website
There are several reason why a business might rent a website instead of buying, for example:
- Leasing often requires only a small monthly fee instead of a large fee upfront when buying.
- New small business owners can benefit by saving capital.
- If a website is only needed for a short amount of time.
- Leasing a website is a great alternative to expensive website design fees.
- If one is unsure their business needs a website leasing is a way to test without paying for a full price site.
- The owner is responsible for the technical aspects and upkeep of the site.
- Changes and updates are often included in the monthly fee.
- There are also tax benefits of leasing a website.